If you haven’t booked your summer holiday yet, why not take an epic road trip? Research from GoCompare has revealed that 44% of the most ep
If you haven’t booked your summer holiday yet, why not take an epic road trip?
Research from GoCompare has revealed that 44% of the most epic road trips are in Europe and 10% are right here in the UK.
GoCompare has also created an interactive tool which allows users to see some of the best routes the world has to offer.
From the Cabot Trail in Canada, one of the most scenic drives on the planet to the Black Mountain Pass in the Brecon Beacons, there is a road trip for everyone. Just factor in your budget, time period and even the weather you want and see what road trip GoCompare suggests for you.
“We wanted to find some of the biggest, most unforgettable road trips in the world,” said Matt Oliver, from GoCompare.com van insurance.
“Each trip has its own personality – there are trips through snowy mountains, flat deserts, dense forests and across beaches, there really is something for everyone. We wanted to provide a tool to make the adventures more accessible, so anyone can tackle them.”
According to GoCompare the world’s top 15 road trips are:
- The Atlantic Highway, England
- The Road To Mount Nebo, Jordan
- Romantische Strasse, Germany
- Northern Ireland’s Coastal Route, Ireland
- Grossglockner Hochalpenstrasse, Austria
- Verdon Gorge Circuit, France
- The Transfagarasan, Romania
- The Black Mountain Pass, Wales
- The Military Road, Isle Of Wight
- The Black Forest, Germany
- Cabot Trail, Canada
- San Juan Skyway, USA
- Columbia River Gorge, USA
- Basque Circuit, Spain
- The Garden Route, South Africa